Thursday, May 21, 2009

Relationship Test

You can learn A LOT about your relationship during stressful situations...
Take me for example. Saturday, the father of my child was injured in a football game. Luckily for me, I was late to the game, and missed the actual "injury-causing" hit. I say "luckily" because I am NO GOOD with medical emergencies. They freak me out. And blood? Forget it. So, I was running late as usual, and as I pulled into Waimanalo Beach Park, I got a call that he had been injured. Turned out to be: a fractured and dislocated ankle bone, and some kind of knee injury which has yet to be assessed.

After the whole emergency room routine, we brought him home and set him up in the living room. We have a million stairs at our house and there is no good place for someone with a leg injury. So, needless to say, days 1 and 2 were painful and spent bed-ridden.

We're going on 5 days now, and I am feeling truly "tested". I mean, I'm trying to show as much aloha as I can muster, but this whole nursing gig is just NOT FOR ME. I can't handle. First of all, I can't stand watching someone I love in so much pain. Moreover, when I grab someone's leg to move it, it CREEPS ME OUT to feel a freaking bone MOVING AROUND!!!! But heebie jeebies aside, I'm just not cut out to serve (and I mean serious service that I won't go into detail about for my boyfriend's privacy/pride's sake) ALL DAY LONG. Call me selfish, but I need some "me" time. And seriously, if I have to watch Cash Cab, Overhaulin', Dog the Bounty Hunter, or American Choppers for ONE MORE SECOND, I am going to gouge my eyes out.

Am I a total bitch? Maybe I don't want to know the answer to that...

No comments:

Post a Comment