Thursday, May 21, 2009

First attempt at blogging

While I'm not that old, I'm not THAT young either, and this whole concept of "blogging" is fairly new to me. I knew of blogs on myspace, and happened across other people's blogs when "googling" certain travel topics, but I only recently learned of the true potential that blogs offer.

First of all, it gives me an opportunity to just write. Since leaving college, writing has become less and less a part of my life. Being that I majored in creative writing, I think it behooves me to keep up the practice, in whatever form.

Secondly, as the title implies, it will help me get the millions of thoughts racing through my head out of there. Being a working mom and teacher in a charter school, combined with knowing people that are generally surrounded by craziness, has left me with a lot to think about on a daily basis and no real way to release. So we'll see how it goes.

Finally, right now it will relieve the total and utter cabin fever I am experiencing as a "make-shift nurse". [more on this later]...

So, here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment