Friday, May 22, 2009

Careful what you wish for!

So, I always used to bitch about how I hated teaching, and how I wished I could just sit at home, not having to work. Well, I've been at home for the last week and I want to tear my hair out.

Mind you, in my dreams, I was independently wealthy--not worrying about if I have enough personal leave to NOT take a cut in pay. Also, in my mind, staying home didn't literally mean staying at home in the same room with the same people for a week straight. Not that I don't heart my family. I don't know that ANYONE loves ANYONE that much.

So, I'm literally camped on Facebook and Myspace in between nursely duties. I'm getting my fill of crappy television. Maybe I should blog about all the crappy shows I'm being forced to watch. Waterboard, shwaterboard. Try watching marathon sessions of television car repair shows and BET sitcoms simultaneously. Meaning, flip to one show, watch them take apart someone's old car that doesn't run but they love it oh so much. During commercial, flip to show about single black father raising teenage daughter and all the calamity that occurs. Commercial--flip back to auto show and realize that you missed all the good parts because you were on black sitcom. Flip back to black sitcom and realize you missed sappy resolution to baby girl's latest drama.

Someone save me...we have just stopped on, WAIT FOR IT...THE DOG WHISPERER!!!!! For the love of brain cells, did he just say, "When good dogs go bad"?! This is too much.

I guess I'm not cut out for housewife-hood.

4 comments:

  1. I'm the queen of crappy shows...and I absolutely HATE when I'm watching one show and I flip channels, totally forget what I was watching, and then when I remember, the damn show is over already. Sucks because you wasted 25 minutes of your life watching some crappy show and then you don't even get to know how it ends...you'll never get those 25 minutes back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no...this is not in my control. mehana will not give up the remote, and i am subjected to all this nonsense. now, the shows i watch are just as crappy, but their MY shows. and I have an attention span longer then 30 secondes so I don't constantly change channels. he's really bad about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY!!! you're supposed to FOLLOW my blog now bonehead! Since I'm following yours. Come on! BLogger etiquette!

    ReplyDelete